05 September 2008
Welcome to the CVS South Gloucestershire ebulletin designed to keep you updated about the latest issues and events affecting voluntary and community groups in South Gloucestershire.
Information and advice for people in small organisations
NCVO has launched a web page specifically for smaller organisations, bringing together their information on areas such as funding and finance, employment, health and safety, ICT and governance. To celebrate the launch of its new consultancy service, NCVO members with an annual income of less than £100,000 are being offered the chance to win up to £1,700 worth of support from NCVO consultants. Deadline for entries is 12 September. http://www.ncvo-vol.org.uk/smallorganisations.
Job Vacancies at Southern Brookes
- Project Worker needed to work with children and young people for a total of 18.5 hours a week at Patchway And Bradley Stoke.
- Toddler Group Leader needed to work with 0-5yr olds and their parent/carers at Coniston Community Centre 9.30 – 11.30am, Tuesday and Fridays Term-Time only. (Deadline for this position is 22 September)
- Assistant Youth worker needed to work with young people at Bailey’s Court Youth Centre, Bradley Stoke, Mondays 3.7 hours. For further details see the attached flyer.
Please find attached details of several items which may be of interest to people of faith in South Gloucestershire.
- A opportunity to see a performance of Asylum Dialogues organised by South Gloucestershire Faith Forum as part of their debates series. 25 September (download flyer)
- An opportunity to discuss the proposed partnership bid to the Faith in Action fund by South Gloucestershire Faith Forum and Southern Brooks Community Partnership. 25 September.
- South Gloucestershire Council’s Cultural Discussion document – do you think the strategy takes enough note of the cultural and social contribution of faith communities and the spaces/buildings they provide? 22 September deadline for contributions.
- A flier for the South Gloucestershire Local Food Festival
Project Development Officer – Capacity Building
- £23,976 pro rata (subject to review) plus 6% contributory pension
- 21 hours per week (flexible) – 18 month contract until March 2010, This post is funded by Capacity Builders
- To work with voluntary and community sector organisations across South Gloucestershire to deliver organizational development support
Applicants should have:
- Significant experience of work with voluntary and community groups in a management or strategic capacity
- Successful experience of fundraising
- Experience of working in partnership
Evening and weekend working may be required.
For an application pack contact: Gillian Graham, CVS South Gloucestershire, Mulberry House, Kingswood Foundation, Britannia Road, Kingswood,
South Gloucestershire, BS15 8DB Tel: 01454 865205 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for competed application forms is Monday 8 September.
CVS South Gloucestershire Autumn Training Programme
There are still some places available on the CVS South Gloucestershire training. Remember these are FREE to CVS Members!
- Developing your staff handbook and getting your essential policies in place
- Learning to Lead ~ developing your leadership & management skills ~
- Designing and Planning Successful Projects
- Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
If you would like to receive a copy of the programme, or to book a place, please contact Sarah Buckle on email@example.com or phone 01454 868729.
CVS South Gloucestershire