February 07th 2018 at 7:00 pm
Community Engagement Forum
The Community Engagement Forums (CEFs) in South Gloucestershire aim to provide a platform for building strong and cohesive communities in which everyone, regardless of background, has a real sense of community involvement
The Groups aim to:
• Promote pride in the local area as a safe, thriving and pleasant place to live, work and play.
• Reduce crime, disorder and drug and alcohol misuse in the area
• Improve the quality of life of people in the local area by identifying community aspirations, needs and local priorities.
• Develop the ideas of local people into projects that tackle local issues and meet their own needs
• Empower local people to have a greater voice and influence over local decision making and service delivery by increasing the strength, capacity and engagement of the local community.
The CEFs are formed by local people working with a partnership of key organisations, such as:
South Gloucestershire Council
Avon & Somerset Police
Avon Fire & Rescue
NHS South Gloucestershire
Voluntary and community organisations
Town and Parish Councils