In February 2016 the Council resolved to replace the previous Community Grant programme with Member Awarded Funding (MAF).
Under this system, councillors are individually responsible for the allocation of their MAF budget to support local community projects and services. In support of this, a number of basic principles have been agreed to provide a transparent, accountable, consistent and legal process to be followed by all.
MAF can be used in the following ways
- to secure delivery of additional council services or services from other public sector organisations during the year
- as a contribution to or as match funding to local projects
- as a grant to voluntary, community or social enterprise groups or town or parish councils.
For this financial year 2016/17, each councillor has a budget of £3,000. The minimum level of award is £250.
Councillors can opt to manage their MAF budget by:
- awarding all their annual MAF budget to one project
- dividing it amongst a number of projects
- combining their MAF budgets to give greater support to a particular project in a given year
Please see the download below for forms & guides for your application.