06 April 2017
SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE COUNCIL
(HIGH STREET, WICKWAR)
(TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF USE BY VEHICLES) ORDER 2017
Notice is hereby given that South Gloucestershire District Council in pursuance of the provisions of section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended intends to make an order the effect of which will be to close, temporarily, to vehicles that length of B4060 High Street from its junction with North Street to its junction with Station Road.
This order is required in connection with cable ducting works and will be operative from the 10 April 2017 for a maximum period of eighteen months. The closure however may not be implemented for the whole of the period but only when signs are in position and only for so long as is necessitated by the works which are anticipated to be of 4 DAYS duration.
B4060 High Street (part unaffected), B4060 Sodbury Road, B4060 Wickwar Road, B4060 Southfield Way, B4060 Peg Hill, B4059 Goose Green Way, B4059 Iron Acton Way, B4059 Yate Road, B4058 Wotton Road, B4058 Bagstone Road, B4058 Bristol Road, B4059 The Downs and vice versa
– John McCormack Head of Legal, Governance and Democratic Services
Buses will run as follows:
- Service 85 will run its normal route to Wotton under Edge and then return to Yate via Kingswood, Wickwar Station Road / The Downs where it will pick up passengers
- Along this part of the route, Bagstone, Rangeworthy to Yate (This way round the buses will stop to pick passengers up and set down from the pavement in Downs Road)
- Service 84 will run Rangeworthy to Cromhall, Charfield, Wotton under Edge and then normal route to Yate
- Any queries please contact Sue Elliot, Transport Assistant SGC on (01454) 86 6980